Photographer Pairs Wrist Tattoos With Similar Backgrounds In Captivating Photos
by Seattle-based photographer Austin Tott
Need that first one.
When I let him into my apartment building for the first time, the stairwell smells distinctively sweet and strong, some combination of cream and honey, jasmine and orange blossoms. He exhales dramatically, “Woooof! The last person in here put on a little too much perfume.” But gardenia is a scent…
The Goddess of Spring - 1934
The Good Idea
While asleep, a man gives birth to an idea of a woman. He wakes and finds it curled comfortably against him.
He takes it in his arms and kisses it. It responds perfectly. He wallows in the feel of its round breasts, smooth thighs, soft pubic patch. Its warm breath and little sighs drive him wild. He keeps thinking the words “Drunk with passion at last.” He makes love to it. It’s the best he’s ever had.
They stay in bed all day. When the phone rings, they giggle and ignore it. They agree about everything.
In a lovely office, the man’s boss throws a fit, swears to fire the man, but cools down, reconsiders. While outside a giant hand works on a picture of the sky, finally blacks it all out, throws in a moon and stars, and goes away.
Brandon Flowers, Father John Misty, and Local Natives play tribute to Johnny Cash with this beautiful string of covers.
Jessica Chastain in ‘The Tree of Life’
Caroline de Maigret’s 20 Ways to be Parisian during fashion week
Paris is the city of love, light and classic fashion. Its women are envied the world over - they don’t need make-up, don’t get fat and certainly don’t care what you think. With Paris Fashion Week in full swing, we asked the super chic Caroline de Maigret to share her secrets. Ecoutez bien.
1. Complain that you can’t smoke inside the catwalk tent.
2. Wear sunglasses to show that you’re not bothered, but stop for every fashion blog photographer.
3. Don’t brush your hair for the whole week.
4. Eat at the Marly and pretend you went to the Louvre.
5. Eat at the Café de Flore to feel like you’ve been reading Jean-Paul Sartre all afternoon
6. Order wine at lunch.
7. Paint your nails yellow to feel eccentric.
8. Cross the street when you shouldn’t.
9. Pretend you’ve got something better to do than seeing a fashion show, but run to a computer to watch the shows live on nowfashion.com
10. Spend half an hour in your bathroom to make your make-up look effortless.
11. Sleep with a braid so that everyone thinks you had sex all night.
12. Wear black because you’re too scared of making a faux pas.
13. Hide your hips in large pants so that everyone applauds your tomboy look.
14. Leave a very trendy party and pretend you’re going to an even-more-exclusive party, when really you’re just going home to bed.
15. Spend Wednesday afternoon with your child and his schoolmates in Disneyland Paris.
16. Go to a show with camembert breath.
17. Miss a show but still have a strong opinion on it.
18. Be late and use the excuse that you’re just too busy. Unlike the ones waiting for you, obviously.
19. Cut all queues. After all, it’s your city.
20. Be too busy to finish the i-D list.
Source: i-D magazine
Picture: Quentin De Briey
This lady; brilliant.